Skip to content

Get Silver Rates in Indian Rupee Using This API

Do you live in India? Would you like to get up-to-date silver prices? If that is your case, we recommend you read this post.

One of the oldest metals known to man is silver. It is part of the transition metals and due to its metallic white color and its brightness, its symbol in the periodic table is “Ag” (argentum, which means white or bright). It is not only highly appreciated for its beauty, but also for its industrial applications, which can be found in different aspects of human life.

Although most of us immediately associate the use of silver with making jewelry and minting coins, the truth is that 70% of the production of this metal is destined for industrial uses and the remaining 30% It has monetary purposes. For example, due to its low toxicity, it is used in dermatology to burn warts. In addition, it is the metal that has the best thermal and electrical conductivity, and for this reason, its applications in the field of electronics are innumerable.

India currently has 1.38 billion people, the second most populous country in the world. Clearly, for a nation with a growing need for minerals and metals, silver plays a critical role in its economy. Therefore, Indians who invest in silver for their industries or savings must be updated with its latest prices and thus avoid surprises with falls or rises in its value.

Get Silver Rates in Indian Rupee Using This API

For this, we will use the Metals-API service.

Metals-API is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. Currently, it is used by thousands of developers, SMEs and large corporations, among which are important clients from India. For them, this system is very useful, not only to see the prices of silver, but to find the rates in the official currency of that country, the rupee. Historical exchange rate data is available from January 2019.

How much does it cost to use this service?

It depends on what your needs are. If you want to see the price of silver sporadically, it would be best to use the free plan. However, if you have a company, it is most likely that you need to be constantly observing prices and its changes. In that case, we recommend the paid services. There are a total of 6 plans, with annual prices, not monthly, each one with its advantages and disadvantages. Just go to its website and in the “pricing” section, you will find a chart with the differences between each service. Choose carefully.

Need more? In that case, Metals-API also offers custom enterprise pricing for unlimited requests, dedicated technical support, and much more.

Get Silver Rates in Indian Rupee Using This API

Also published on Medium.

Published inAppsApps, technologyTechnology
%d bloggers like this: