What is a free API for getting the current price of Zinc?
We have the answer: Metals-API.com
Metals-API.com is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes for metals including Zinc, Tin, Copper, Aluminium, Nickel, Ruthenium, Rhodium, Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, and other base metals.
- Zinc API in real-time, delayed, historical and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Zinc, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Rhodium, Ruthenium and other precious metals.
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Zinc, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Palladium, Rhodium, Ruthenium and other metals.
- Use a trusted Zinc price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates.
Our spot exchange rates are sourced from a very broad base of commercial sources and banks around the world, each of varying types and frequencies. The larger weighting particularly for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the trading occurring in the markets.
In order to ensure the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, assigning different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Metals API Drupal Module and WordPress Plugin
Metals-API Drupal module comes up with comprehensive controls to display desired date metal rates as well as the latest. If you only want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license is all you need. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours) and it will fall within the 50 requests per month that the free license allows. Additional refreshes per day will require a paid license which can be had relatively cheaply. You can also try Metals-API WordPress Plugin which consumes, caches and produces blocks to display precious metal prices.
Why is the Zinc Market Important to Traders?
Zinc (Zn) is an abundant metal present in the Earth’s crust that has a wide range of industrial and biological applications. Zinc is also fragile and blue-white at room temperature, but it can be polished to a light sheen.
This is a one-of-a-kind precious metal, well-known and valuable in the industry due to its potential applications.
Also published on Medium.