In order to know about Indian gold and silver live rates, there’s a lot of APIs available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API. This is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes for Indian metals including Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, and other base metals.
Why Indian Gold and Silver so flashy?
India is one of the biggest markets for gold and silver, and the growing opulence is boosting growth in demand. The central role gold has in the country’s culture is considered an accumulation of values, a symbol of wealth and reputation, and a fundamental part of many ceremonials.
Gold is considered to be auspicious, particularly in different cultures, such as Hindu and Jain. It is said that the purity of Indian Gold is as high as possible. Different countries in the world use 9 karat, 14-karat, or 18- karat gold. In South Asian countries like India for example, where consumers look at gold as an “investment”, the quality of gold used is almost always better than 18-karat gold.
On the other hand, Indian Silver is unique because it is rare and valuable, and it is also a noble metal because it resists corrosion and oxidation, though not as well as gold. Because it is the best thermal and electrical conductor of all the metals, silver is ideal for electrical applications. Its antimicrobial, non-toxic qualities make it useful in medicine and consumer products. Its high luster makes it perfect for jewelry and silverware.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds
- API for real-time, delayed, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API’s spot prices are sourced from a very wide base of trade sources and banks around the world, each of them varying types and frequencies. The bigger weighting especially for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the exchange occurring within the markets.
In order to guarantee the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, relegating different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. In the event that a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Also published on Medium.