Do you want to know why you should use an API to validate phone numbers before doing an SMS campaign? If so, keep reading!
SMS marketing is more popular than ever before. According to Statista, the global SMS market size was valued at $32 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach $77 billion by 2023. As a result of this rapid growth, phone number validation is an essential step in SMS marketing as it ensures you’re reaching your customers. This is because a phone number can become inactive over time; and when you send promotions to a phone number that has been disconnected; the SMS message will be sent straight to a spam folder or even blocked from being sent at all.
This is a serious problem for telemarketing campaigns, since time and resources are often wasted on inactive phone numbers. Luckily, the best way to avoid this, and get the best results when carrying out marketing campaigns; is to use a phone number validation API.
Why Should You Validate Phone Numbers With An API?
There are many reasons why it’s important to verify your customers’ contact information before sending marketing messages through SMS:
- Reach Your Customers With Valid Phone Numbers — One of the best ways to reach customers is through an SMS message on their mobile device. However, if a customer’s phone number is invalid or disconnected, then they won’t receive your message and you’ll lose out on valuable potential clients! By validating their phone numbers you’ll be certain that you can reach them anytime!
- Organize Your Phone Number Client Database — Organizing your client database is crucial for any business with an online presence because it helps them improve their service delivery. With the help of an API you can do so by obtaining data on the phone numbers. This data includes location, carrier company, phone type, and more.
As you can see, the best and quickest way to check the accuracy of a phone number in your contact list is using an application programming interface. However, not all APIs that are available online are the best to use. While some of them are trustworthy, many of them are highly erroneous. As a result, we advise using Phone Number Validator API; a reputable and secure API that’s currently available at Zyla API Hub.
You can use this reputable online service to determine whether any of the phone numbers on your contact list are active or inactive. Additionally, this API will provide facts on the location of the phone number; including whether it is local or international, the carrier firm, the phone number’s type; and other information that can aid your company in developing a successful SMS marketing campaign.
Validate Phone Numbers Before Sending SMS In Three Steps
No matter where a phone number is located in the world, you may obtain information about it using the Phone Number Validator API. Following these steps will allow you to quickly validate phone numbers before the begining of a SMS marketing campaign:
- First, become a member of the trusted API marketplace Zyla API Hub. After finishing the registration process, you’ll receive an API key; which you’ll need to use for making API calls.
- Your bearer token must be included in the Authorization header in order to authenticate your API key. After that, you can begin using the API.
- Simply utilize the endpoint Verification and include the phone number as a parameter in your API call. Then call the API.
Also published on Medium.