There’s a lot of Metals APIs WordPress plugins available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API WordPress Plugin. This is a simple and lightweight API plugin for current and historical precious metals rates. It offers real-time prices and quotes for several precious metals.
Metals-API WordPress Plugin consumes, caches and produces blocks to display precious metal prices
- Latest metals rate
- Gold rate
- Shortcode to display latest/historical rates
- Rates in desired currency
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Use shortcode [zpt-metals] to display metal rates on your wp website.
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API WordPress plugin.
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
This plugin is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 WordPress plugin for real-time precious metals rates.
Metals-API’s WordPress Plugin spot prices are sourced from a very wide base of trade sources and banks around the world, each of them varying types and frequencies. The bigger weighting especially for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the exchange occurring within the markets.
In order to guarantee the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, relegating different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. In the event that a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Also published on Medium.