Looking for a Free API to get the current price of Rhodium and Ruthenium? Or What is a free API for getting the current price of Rhodium and Ruthenium?
We have the answer: Metals-API.com
Metals-API.com is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes for metals including Rhodium, Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum and other base metals.
Real-Time and Historical API Quotes for Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Ruthenium, and other Metals.
- Rhodium API in real-time, delayed, historical and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Platinum, gold, silver, Rhoidum and other precious metals.
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Platinum, gold, silver, palladium, rhodium and other metals.
- Use a trusted Rhodium price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates.
Our spot exchange rates are sourced from a very broad base of commercial sources and banks around the world, each of varying types and frequencies. The larger weighting particularly for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the trading occurring in the markets.
In order to ensure the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, assigning different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Why is the Rhodium market important to traders?
Rhodium is a relatively unknown precious metal and most of the most valuable ones, possibly due to its worldwide demand being concentrated in auto-catalysts, where it is used in little quantities alongside PGMs palladium and platinum. This rare metal, along with other precious metals is used in catalytic converters, which are part of auto exhaust systems that reduce poisonous gas emissions.
Rhodium is trading at its highest level since 2008 after surging more than 30% this year, driven by demand from the car industry.
Why is the Ruthenium market important to traders?
Ruthenium is a hard, white metal. It does not tarnish at room temperatures but oxidizes in air at about 800°C. The metal is not attacked by hot or cold acids or aqua regia, but when potassium chlorate is added to the solution, it oxidizes explosively.
Ruthenium is also one of the rare metals in the earth’s crust. It is quite rare in that it is found as about 0.0004 parts per million of the earth’s crust.
This is a unique precious metal, very known and valuable in the market precisely for its rareness.
Also published on Medium.