Skip to content

US fintech buys Worldpay for 43,000 million dollars

The US fintech Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) has reached a “definitive agreement” to acquire payment services firm Worldpay for a total of 43,000 million dollars (37,891 million euros), including debt, according to both companies in a statement.

This is the second major operation in less than two years carried out by Worldpay, which in the summer of 2017 was acquired by Vantiv, an American card payment company, for 8,000 million pounds sterling (9,355 million euros).

The largest ‘fintech’ of Spanish consumption captures 66 million to seduce Amazon J. Zuloaga Pagantis, until now Digital Origin, closes a financing round of 66 million backed by two international funds, Prime and SPF, and disembarks in several countries

According to the terms of the transaction, Worldpay shareholders will receive the payment of 0.9287 shares of FIS in addition to 11 dollars in cash for each title of Worldpay in their possession. Thus, at the close of the transaction, the current shareholders of FIS will own 53% of the new company, while Worldpay shareholders will control the remaining 47%.

The pro forma invoicing of the new combined company would amount to 12,300 million dollars (10,838 million euros) in 2018 and an adjusted operating profit of 4,900 million dollars (4,320 million euros).

Rebellion becomes the first Spanish ‘fintech’ to get banking license Alfredo Pascual It is just taking its first steps, but this ‘startup’ is born with a bread under his arm: the license of Electronic Money Entity (EDE)

Likewise, the companies calculate that they will achieve revenue synergies amounting to some 500 million dollars (440 million euros), as well as cost synergies of some 400 million dollars (352 million euros) and a free cash flow of almost 4,500 million dollars (3,968 million euros) in three years.

“Scale is important in our rapidly changing industry,” said Gary Norcross, president and CEO of FIS, noting that the long-term value they will create for shareholders will serve as a standard for the industry.

Published inFintech

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: