In order to know about metal prices, there’s a lot of APIs available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API . This is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates delivered in JSON format. This API offers real-time prices and quotes in a lot of currencies for precious metals including Gold, Silver, Nickel, Platinum, Copper and other base metals.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API gets its spot prices from a range of trade sources and banks around the world, in various formats and frequency. Commercial sources are given more weight, especially for large currencies and metals, because they more accurately reflect market exchange.
Our system implements a particular “validation and fallback” mechanism that gives different priorities to each data source and validates each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases in order to provide the maximum level of data coverage and accuracy possible.If a source fails to offer an accurate quote, the currency pair’s next highest provider is contacted. This allows us to avoid potential errors and provide the great majority of spot exchange rates with precision to six decimal places.
Metals-API Drupal module has complete settings for displaying preferred date metal rates as well as the most recent. This free license is sufficient if all you need is a daily overview of precious metal prices. The Drupal module can refresh the rate once per day (every 24 hours), and it will fall under the free license’s limit of 50 requests per month. Additional daily refreshes will necessitate the purchase of a paid license, which may be had for a very low price. You can also utilize the Metals-API WordPress Plugin, which consumes, caches, and creates precious metal price blocks.
Also published on Medium.