Online connectivity encompasses people with visual, sensory, physical, voice, cognitive, and/or neurological disorders. In this post, we’ll concentrate on the various benefits of integrating Text to Speech (TTS) on websites and other multimedia channels for companies, organisations, and groups representing the broader online community.
Text-To-Speech technology is an assistive technology that offers an alternative means to access the material that a company publishes online. It makes the content audible, increasing the amount of users who can view it online. Businesses who use TTS technologies benefit from the following:
- Greatly improved online presence. Websites that use TTS technology attract some of the 774 million people worldwide who struggle with literacy and the 285 million who have impaired vision. Furthermore, speech-enabled online content does not impair accessibility for people who do not have disabilities. It actually benefits all other populations, including elderly consumers and non-native speakers of English.
- With web or cloud TTS technologies built on a SaaS (Software as a Service) model, online content can be speech-enabled with a few basic lines of code, and maintenance is minimal.
- Easier introduction of the Internet of Things (IoT). TTS is important not just for a website, but also for the future of business. The Internet of Things (IoT) is quickly becoming a vital component of digital business transformation. Companies in all sectors have digital marketing campaigns in place that concentrate on targeting consumers through several linked platforms to maximize how they communicate with them. TTS allows consumers to access multimedia content through various devices and with a distinct omnichannel TTS voice.
- Word-of-mouth marketing. Adding a new way to view content online increases the user experience. Visitors are much more likely to come to and suggest websites where they have had a good experience. Particularly in this day and age of social media marketing, word of mouth is still the most powerful medium.
- Positive reputation strengthened by showing contribution to social responsibility (CSR). The implementation of TTS technologies through a company’s digital networks contributes to its CSR. CSR has been shown to boost financial results, brand reputation, revenue, employee satisfaction, and open doors to capital and financing.
- Corporate learning systems improve employee performance. HR agencies and e-Learning experts can use TTS technologies to make learning courses and staff terms of preparation much easier for workers to read, anytime and at any time.
Many people find Woord’s Text-To-Speech Tool to be incredibly useful in helping people of all ages to follow the speech on the screen of the text. Listening to a text read aloud in a natural voice is a relatively recent and still emerging technology. For new participants, hearing the errors by Word is much better and less difficult than reinterpreting them.
This software converts text into highly technical speech for free, using premium female and male voices to make it sound more natural. It’s great for people with dyslexia, children learning to read, e-learning, workshops, YouTube videos, and strengthening the accessibility of a website.
Woord’s Online Reader is a one-of-a-kind tool that aims to develop a broad variety of AI-enabled services and products, including text-to-speech.
This text-to-speech service uses high-quality male or female premium voices that sound natural. How do you use Woord’s Free Online Reader?
- Simply type a word or phrase, or import any text, and you’re done.
- Choose a speech rate that is comfortable for you.
- Begin at any point in the document.
- You are free to replay the text as many times as you want.
Sign up here: www.getwoord.com
If you want to listen to some audios before signing up, you can explore his Public Audio Library.
This service can also be used to help your child develop their listening and communication abilities, as well as their grammar. Furthermore, before doing anything else, you can listen to any published materials in authentic voices.
Make an audio version of the written material to assist people with disabilities, entertain, or educate your children.Start speaking from where you last stopped, remembering the paused spot.
Woord is another choice if you need a free text to speech service for accents such as Australian English, French, American English, French Canadian, or Brazilian Portuguese. Both female and male voices are available for accents.
In addition to English, the Woord’s Online Reader also supports Italian, French, Chinese, Dutch, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish voices.
Also published on Medium.