In order to know about metal prices, there’s a lot of APIs available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API . This is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes in a lot of currencies for precious metals including Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, Copper and other base metals.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API’s spot prices are obtained from a wide variety of trade sources and banks worldwide, with different forms and frequencies. The greater importance is given to commercial sources, particularly for major currencies and metals, because they more properly reflect market exchange.
In preparation for providing the highest level of data coverage and accuracy possible, our system employs a specific “validation and fallback” method that assigns different priority to each data source and validates each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases.If a source fails to provide an accurate quote, the next highest provider for this currency pair is contacted. This allows us to eliminate potential mistakes and deliver the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with six decimal places of precision.
Metals-API Drupal module has complete settings for displaying preferred date metal rates as well as the most recent. This free license is sufficient if all you need is a daily overview of precious metal prices. The Drupal module can refresh the rate once per day (every 24 hours), and it will fall under the free license’s limit of 50 requests per month.Additional refreshes each day will need the purchase of a paid license, which may be obtained quite cheaply. You can also use the Metals-API WordPress Plugin, which consumes, caches, and generates blocks displaying precious metal prices.