In order to know about metal prices, there’s a lot of APIs available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API .It is a basic and lightweight JSON-formatted API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API provides real-time pricing and quotes for precious metals such as Gold, Silver, Nickel, Platinum, Copper, Tin and other base metals in a variety of currencies.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, Tin, and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, Tin and Platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Thousands of developers, SMBs, and large companies use Metals-API.com every day. Metals-AP is the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates because of its strong data sources and 6+ years of experience.You can sign up here.
Metals-API obtains spot prices in a variety of formats and frequencies from a variety of trading sources and institutions throughout the world. Commercial sources, especially for significant currencies and metals, are given more weight because they more precisely reflect market exchange.
In order to deliver the highest level of data coverage and accuracy, our system employs a unique “validation and fallback” approach that assigns different priorities to each data source and validates each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases.If a source fails to provide an accurate quote, the next highest provider for the currency pair is contacted. This helps us to prevent potential inaccuracies and deliver precision to six decimal places for the vast majority of spot currency rates.
Metals-API Drupal module includes all of the necessary parameters for displaying both preferred and most current metal rates. If all you need is a daily summary of precious metal values, this free license will suffice. The Drupal module can only refresh the rate once per day (every 24 hours), and it will be limited to 50 requests per month under the free license.
Also published on Medium.