In order to know about metal live rates, there’s a lot of APIs available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API. This is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes in 170+ currencies for precious metals including Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, and other base metals.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, delayed, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for tin, silver, palladium, platinum, rhodium, and more.
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for tin, silver, palladium, platinum, and more.
- Use a trusted metal price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time tin prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API’s spot prices are sourced from a very wide base of trade sources and banks around the world, each of them varying types and frequencies. The bigger weighting especially for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the exchange occurring within the markets.
In order to guarantee the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, relegating different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. In the event that a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Metals API Drupal Module and WordPress Plugin
Metals-API Drupal module comes up with comprehensive controls to display desired date metal rates as well as the latest. If you only want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license is all you need. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours) and it will fall within the 50 requests per month that the free license allows. Additional refreshes per day will require a paid license which can be had relatively cheaply. You can also try Metals-API WordPress Plugin which consumes, caches, and produces blocks to display precious metal prices.
Also published on Medium.