In order to know about British gold and silver live rates, there’s a lot of APIs available online. One of the most popular free API is Metals-API. This is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes for British metals including Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, and other base metals.
Why British Gold and Silver are so valuable?
Gold, soft to the touch with a satisfying weight to hold, show some unique qualities compared to other metals, predominantly its indestructible nature and resilience. It is chemically inactive, meaning it is anti-corrosive and resistant enough to remain unchanged for thousands of years. British gold is a safe asset in times of instability because, in spite of rises and falls in its price, gold has never lost its intrinsic value as a store of wealth.
On the other hand, the tangible essence of silver and its brilliant luster are also considered markers of wealth. British silver has, without any doubt, tended to appreciate at price over time and consequently preserve its value against inflation. Many in the financial industry refer to it as an “inflation hedge” for this reason.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds
- API for real-time, delayed, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API’s spot prices are sourced from a very wide base of trade sources and banks around the world, each of them varying types and frequencies. The bigger weighting especially for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the exchange occurring within the markets.
In order to guarantee the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, relegating different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. In the event that a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Also published on Medium.