Many APIs for learning about metal prices are available online. One of the most popular free APIs is Metals-API. In a simple and lightweight manner, this API delivers live and historical precious metals rates. This API provides direct pricing and quotes in a number of currencies for precious metals such as Gold, Silver, Copper, Nickel, Aluminium and other base metals.
Metals-API.com provides live real-time precious metals data through API with a 2 decimal point precision and a frequency of every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-AP gets its spot prices from a number of trade sources and banks all around the world, with different types and frequency. Commercial sources receive a higher weighting, particularly for major currencies and metals, because they more precisely reflect market exchange.
Our system uses a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism to ensure the best possible degree of data coverage and accuracy, assigning different priority to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases.In the case that one source fails to offer an accurate quote, the next highest provider for this currency pair is contacted. This allows us to filter out any inconsistencies and deliver the vast majority of spot exchange rates with six decimal places of precision.
Metals-API Drupal module comes up with comprehensive controls to display desired date metal rates as well as the latest. If you only want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license is all you need. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours) and it will fall within the 50 requests per month that the free license allows. Additional refreshes per day will require a paid license which can be had relatively cheaply. You can also try Metals-API WordPress Plugin which consumes, caches, and produces blocks to display precious metal prices.
Also published on Medium.