In order to know about Gold live rates, there’s a lot of APIs available online, but not all of them can give you silver, platinum and other precious metals rates by the hour for free. The only free & paid API that does it is Metals-API.
This is a simple and lightweight API for current and historical precious metals rates. This API offers real-time prices and quotes from American Dollars to Pakistani Rupees and thousands of other currencies for precious metals and base metals you can think of.
Although that hourly information already takes a leap in quality compared to other APIs that try to fulfill the same function, the premium rates of Metals-API allow you to have updates every 60 seconds. In the world of precious metals investments every thousandth of a second account to have the highest possible return on your investment.
In order to guarantee the highest possible level of data coverage and accuracy, the system relies on a very distinct “validation and fallback” algorithm, relegating different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. In the event that a source fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider is queried for this particular currency pair. This enables us to sort out possible inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of all spot exchange rates with a precision of six decimal places.
Metals-API’s spot prices are sourced from a very wide base of trade sources and banks around the world, each of them varying types and frequencies. The bigger weighting especially for major currencies and metals are towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the exchange occurring within the markets.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, delayed, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, platinum, rhodium and ruthenium
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for gold, silver, palladium, platinum, rhodium and ruthenium
- Use a trusted Platinum price and Palladium price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Also published on Medium.