fbpx Skip to content

Energy Hero: a new startup is all about energy saving

As announced, the investment company ZMH GmbH has taken over the majority of the Viennese startup Digital Hero from Hans Peter Haselsteiner. Founded by Blue Minds founder Eveline Steinberger-Kern, the company offers Energy Hero, an automated electricity provider change service.

At the time of its formation about a year ago, investor Paul Swarovski had been involved with more than 94 percent. The remainder was accounted for by the Blue Minds Company. Paul Swarowvski is out with the deal now. ZMH GmbH now accounts for around 61 percent and the remaining 39 percent for the Blue Minds Company.

Details about the deal unknown

About the amount of the purchase price is made by Digital Hero no information. At the request of the brutkasten it is said that in addition to the change of ownership, fresh capital for the company was added to the deal. In any case, the new majority owner should provide for an additional push.

“With Hans Peter Haselsteiner, we have brought a strong partner with a well-known track record on board in liberalized markets. We are pleased about his entry into Energy Hero and the cooperation with the competent team of ZMH “, comments CEO Eveline Steinberger-Kern. And Haselsteiner announced: “Energy Hero helps every Austrian and every company save energy costs. Low energy costs brings the liberalized market. That’s why I invested there and now I’m Energy Hero myself. ”

Energy Hero: Simple concept with great savings potential

The startup model is based on a relatively simple concept. Customers can – depending on the contract – usually change the energy provider once a year. Energy Hero automatically finds the cheapest supplier in the areas of electricity and gas and automatically switches for its users. For this, the startup charges a service fee of two (electricity) or three euros (electricity and gas) per month. It promises a cost reduction per household of up to several hundred euros per year.

Eveline Steinberger-Kern in video talk about Energy Hero:

Live with Eveline Steinberger-Kern Eveline Steinberger-Kern, the CEO of Energy Hero, in a live talk about her energy startup, the latest developments in the energy market & in her The Blue Minds Company as well as the arrival of former Chancellor Christian Kern in her group of companies!

Published inStartupsTechnology

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: