There seem to be numerous APIs available online for learning about metal prices.Metals-API is one of the most widely used open source APIs. This API provides current and historical precious metals rates in an easy-to-use format. This API provides real-time pricing and quotes in a variety of currencies for precious metals such as Gold, Silver,Cobalt, Rhodium, Aluminum, and other base metals.
Metals-API.com provides live real-time precious metals data via API with an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency of up to 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Cobalt ,Palladium, and Platinum.
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs.
Every day, thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations use Metals-API.com. Because of its strong data sources and 6+ years of experience, Metals-API is the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API obtains spot prices from a variety of trade sources and institutions worldwide, with varying types and frequency. Commercial sources are given a higher weighting, especially for major currencies and metals, because they more accurately reflect market exchange.
To ensure the best possible level of data coverage and accuracy, our system employs a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism, assigning different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If one source does not provide an accurate quote, the next highest provider for this currency pair is contacted. This enables us to eliminate inconsistencies and provide the vast majority of spot exchange rates with six decimal places of precision.
Metals-API Drupal module includes comprehensive controls for displaying desired date metal rates as well as the most recent. This free license is sufficient if all you need is a daily snapshot of precious metal prices. The Drupal module can refresh the rate once per day (every 24 hours), and it will fall within the free license’s limit of 50 requests per month. Additional refreshes per day will necessitate the purchase of a paid license, which can be obtained relatively cheaply. You can also use the Metals-API WordPress Plugin , which consumes, caches, and generates blocks displaying precious metal prices.
Also published on Medium.