Being able to categorize a website is one of the most useful online tools nowadays. Here, we explain to you why is that way and how can you use it.
In its most basic form, website categorization refers to the practice of categorizing websites that consumers come into touch with. These categories include anything from the industry they belong to more precise explanations of what they contain. This may benefit any company’s marketing, cybersecurity, and brand protection activities.
A website categorization software takes a domain name or other input, runs it through a database of categories, and provides the results in seconds. This happens because it is done through an API, which is an interface that connects two applications and allows them to communicate. When you send a request to an API, you get an immediate answer.
Website categorization software might include anything from 25 to hundreds of site categories. While most likely relying on their own set of categories, some employ industry-recognized website categorization from organizations such as the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB).
So, how can you categorize german websites with an API? There are a few API online providers to help you with that. Some of them are Klazify, Webshrinker, and Whoisxmlapi. For this example, we will use the first one, since we think it’s the one that fits best with what we need. Besides, it accepts websites in any language, which it’s key when you have a German website.
How To Use It
First, you need to go to www.klazify.com, then, get an API key by signing in. Then, you can enter the website domain below the “URL to check” sign. When you finish, you need to press ‘run’ and the website will give you the API’s answer to your request. You will get the website’s category, their logo, and the social media they use, which is really useful for your company or product.
“name”: “/Online Communities/Social Networks”
After getting the API, you can adapt it to any of your projects and use the website categorization for many things, like cybersecurity or just wanting to know your clients or competition better. And that’s it! Categorizing a website is a simple as that.
Klazify may travel to the specified domain name or URL, collect its content, and categorize it using an IAB V2 Standard classification taxonomy, which can be used for 1-1 customization, marketing segmentation, online filtering, and other purposes. As a consequence, the URL or domain has been allocated to a certain category.
- Big Data: Klazify categorizes billions of internet pages using sophisticated machine learning, ensuring that the categorization database is one of the most accurate on the market.
- Several applications: Using Klazify’s domain categorization, customers may simply offer services such as Internet filtering, subscriber statistics, advertising networks, and fraud protection.
- Real-time: Is it necessary for you to have real-time access to the classified raw data stream? Klazify is a real-time data firehose that runs on HTTP.
- Futuristic: Klazify’s technology can recognize content on URLs, whole websites, and IP addresses, making it appropriate for security devices that do not have access to all URLs.
- Developers Will Love It: Every API answer is in JSON format, making it simple to understand and include in your project.
- Fresh-data: Klazify’s web crawlers continuously analyze and categorize new and existing websites, generating real-time findings and maintaining a database.
Also published on Medium.