For information about metal pricing, there are a variety of APIs available online. One of the most popular free APIs is Metals-API. It’s a lightweight JSON-formatted API that gives you access to current and historical precious metals pricing. This API provides real-time pricing and quotes for precious metals such as gold, silver, nickel, platinum, copper, tin, aluminum, and other base metals in a range of currencies.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, Tin,Nickel and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, Tin and Platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Thousands of developers, SMBs, and large companies use Metals-API.com every day. Metals-AP is the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates because of its strong data sources and 6+ years of experience.You can sign up here.
Metals-API gets live prices from a global network of trading sources and institutions in a range of formats and frequencies. Commercial sources are given greater weight, especially for important currencies and metals, because they more accurately reflect market exchange.
Our system uses a unique “validation and fallback” strategy to give the maximum level of data coverage and accuracy, assigning different priority to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If a provider fails to offer an accurate quote, the currency pair’s next highest provider is contacted. For the great majority of spot currency rates, this allows us to avoid any mistakes and deliver precision to six decimal places.
Metals-API Drupal program contains all of the parameters required to display both preferred and most recent metal rates. This free license will suffice if all you require is a daily summary of precious metal values. Under the free license, the Drupal module can only refresh the rate once per day (every 24 hours), and it is limited to 50 requests per month.
Also published on Medium.