There are a variety of APIs available online that provide data on metal pricing. Metals-API is one of the most popular free APIs. It’s a simple JSON-formatted API that lets you get real-time and historical precious metals pricing. This API gives real-time pricing and quotes in a number of currencies for precious metals like Gold, Silver, Nickel, Platinum, Copper, Zinc, Aluminum, and other base metals.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, Tin,Nickel and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, Zinc and Platinum.
Thousands of developers, SMBs, and large companies use Metals-API.com every day. Metals-AP is the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates because of its strong data sources and 6+ years of experience.You can sign up here.
Metals-AP obtains live prices in a range of categories and frequencies from a global network of trading sources and institutions. Commercial sources, especially for key currencies and metals, are given higher weight because they more properly reflect market exchange.
To provide the highest level of data coverage and accuracy, our system employs a unique “validation and fallback” technique, assigning different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If a supplier fails to deliver an accurate quote, the next highest provider in the currency pair is contacted. This helps us to prevent any inaccuracies and deliver precision to six decimal places for the vast majority of spot currency values.
Metals-API Drupal program contains all of the parameters required to display both preferred and most recent metal rates. This free license will suffice if all you require is a daily summary of precious metal values. Under the free license, the Drupal module can only refresh the rate once per day (every 24 hours), and it is limited to 50 requests per month.
Also published on Medium.