Although gold takes all the spotlight when talking about precious metals, its value is closer to being that of a painting, because someone stops for it what others are willing to pay and has no use, aluminum takes the prize of being one of the most solid metals and used around the world.
From boat factories to the small cans they sell in any kind of supermarket, aluminum is everywhere and every day there are more and more products that can be melted, bonded, and reused.
In addition to being one of the most recycled metals in the world and the best-selling, it is also one of the most ignored in the world of precious metals investments, even being relevant in the competition with Cobalt and Iridium.
One of the APIs that does not differentiate gold from aluminum and presents you either, as well as dozens of other metals, in all the currencies of the world is Metals-API.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 24 hours, for the first plan, and 60 seconds for premium users.
Metals-API’s spot prices are sourced from a very wide base of trade sources and banks around the world, each of them varying types and frequencies. The bigger weighting especially for major currencies and metals is towards commercial sources as they more accurately reflect the exchange occurring within the markets.
- API for real-time, delayed, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, aluminum, palladium, platinum, rhodium, and ruthenium
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and futures prices for gold, silver, palladium, platinum, rhodium, and ruthenium
- Use a trusted Platinum price and Palladium price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
To ensure the best possible degree of data coverage and accuracy, our system employs a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism, assigning different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If one source does not provide an accurate quote, the next highest provider for this currency pair is contacted. This enables us to eliminate inconsistencies and provide the vast majority of spot exchange rates with six decimal places of precision.
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Also published on Medium.