The relationship between metals and bitcoin is a complex one. On the one hand, you have the oldest currency in the world and then one that grows and becomes popular every day since 2009.
Although the gold mines are much older, their importance was decreasing century by century. Before gold was what gave value to the currency, now their relationship is not so bilateral or asymmetrical. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is not yet part of the mainstream. But many investors mix them up to maximize their profits.
The problem that has existed since 2009 with Bitcoin is the volatility of its price. It changes like any currency depending on how much is bought and how much is sold. It can even increase depending on the comments of the billionaire on duty. But if you stick it to a solid currency like gold, there is a market ready to be mined to the point of exhaustion.
The idea exists. The products are. Now we just need to update the list of tools to do so. In this case, you need a precious metals API that aims to communicate changes by the hour or minute.
Gold, being the most popular metal in history, appears in thousands of APIs. But none have the sources and speed for which Metals-API is recognized.
Metals-API provides API access to live real-time precious metals data with a 2 decimal point precision and a 60-second refresh rate.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Metals-API is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Also published on Medium.