What is a free API for getting the current price of Copper? Or What is a free API for having the latest Metal Values in US Dollars (USD)?
There are several APIs available online to know about gold and silver live rates. Metals-API is one of the most common free APIs. This API provides current and historical precious metals prices in a clear and lightweight manner. It also provides real-time pricing and quotes for precious metals such as gold, silver, palladium, platinum, and other base metals in Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Metals-API.com offers live real-time precious metals data via API with a 2 decimal point precision and a frequency of every 60 seconds.
- Real-time, historical, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity APIs are available.
- Precious metals prices in real time APIs for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum are all available.
- Metals price in real time API for platinum group metals and base metals
- Live Charts and historical AP
- Historical spot and future prices for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Thousands of developers, SMBs, and big companies use Metals-API.com every day. Metals-API is the most accurate platform for real-time precious metals pricing, due to its robust data sources and more than six years of experience. You can sign up here.
Metals-API gets its spot rates from a variety of exchange channels and banks all over the world, of different formats and speeds. Commercial sources receive a higher weighting, especially for major currencies and metals, since they more reliably represent market trade.
Their method uses a special “validation and fallback” algorithm to achieve the best possible degree of data coverage and precision, assigning separate priorities to each data source and validating each metal rate as it reaches their databases. In the case that one source fails to offer a reliable quote, the next highest provider for this currency pair is contacted. This helps them to filter out any inaccuracies and provide the vast majority of spot exchange rates with six decimal places of precision.
Metals-API Drupal module comes up with comprehensive controls to display desired date metal rates as well as latest. If you only want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license is all you need. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours) and it will fall within the 50 requests per month that the free license allows. Additional refreshes per day will require a paid license which can be had relatively cheaply. You can also try Metals-API WordPress Plugin which consumes, caches and produces blocks to display precious metal prices.
Also published on Medium.