There are many APIs available online to learn about metal rates.Metals-API is one of the most popular free APIs. This API provides current and historical precious metals rates in a simple and lightweight manner. This API provides real-time pricing and quotes for precious metals such as Gold, Silver, Zinc, Rhodium,Aluminium and other base metals in a variety of currencies.
With Metals-API.com you can get live real-time precious metals data via API at an accuracy of 2 decimal points and a frequency as high as every 60 seconds.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum
- Use a trusted gold price and silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Thousands of developers, SMBs, and large companies use Metals-API.com every day. Metals-API is the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates because of its strong data sources and 6+ years of experience. You can sign up here.
Metals-API gets its spot prices from a variety of trade sources and institutions all around the world, with different types and frequency. Commercial sources receive a higher weighting, particularly for major currencies and metals, because they more precisely reflect market exchange.
Our system uses a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism to ensure the best possible level of data coverage and accuracy, assigning different priority to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases.In the case that one source fails to offer an accurate quote, the next highest provider for this currency pair is contacted. This allows us to filter out any inconsistencies and deliver the vast majority of spot exchange rates with six decimal places of precision.
Metals-API Drupal module comes up with comprehensive controls to display desired date metal rates as well as the latest. If you only want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license is all you need. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours) and it will fall within the 50 requests per month that the free license allows. Additional refreshes per day will require a paid license which can be had relatively cheaply. You can also try Metals-API WordPress Plugin which consumes, caches, and produces blocks to display precious metal prices.
Also published on Medium.