If you want to know about Gold or any other metal, there are several APIs for learning about metal prices available online.Metals-API is one of the most popular free APIs. It provides live and historical precious metals rates in a simple and lightweight manner. This API provides direct pricing and quotes in a variety of currencies for precious metals such as Gold, Silver, Copper, Nickel, Aluminum, and other base metals.
Gold is one of the most dense metals. It is a good heat and electricity conductor.Also is frequently found in its free elemental (native) form, as nuggets or grains, in rocks, veins, and alluvial deposits. It can be found in a solid solution series with the native element silver (as electrum), naturally alloyed with other metals such as copper and palladium, and as mineral inclusions such as pyrite.
Metals-API.com provides API access to live market data of precious metals with a 2 decimal point precision and a 60-second refresh rate.
- Use a trusted Gold price and Silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time Gold prices and other metals in your applications — including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need precious metal prices
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations every day. Rock-solid data sources and 6+ years of experience make Metals-API the #1 resource for real-time precious metals rates. You can sign up here.
Metals-API collects market data prices from a diverse variety of trade sources and banks around the world, with varying types and frequency. Commercial sources are weighted more heavily, particularly for major currencies and metals, because they more accurately reflect market exchange.
Our system employs a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism, assigning different priorities to each data source and validating each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases, to ensure the best possible degree of data coverage and accuracy. If one source does not provide an accurate quote for this currency pair, the next highest provider is contacted. This allows us to eliminate inconsistencies and provide the vast majority of spot exchange rates with precision to six decimal places.
Metals-API Drupal module comes up with comprehensive controls to display desired date metal rates as well as the latest. If you only want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license is all you need. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours) and it will fall within the 50 requests per month that the free license allows. Additional refreshes per day will require a paid license which can be had relatively cheaply. You can also try Metals-API WordPress Plugin which consumes, caches, and produces blocks to display precious metal prices.
Also published on Medium.