They are part of the Hurun Global Unicorn List 2019 ranking and are considered as unicorn companies because they are valued above one billion dollars.
The research firm Hurun Research made the Hurun Global Unicorn List 2019 ranking, a list of the 494 startups that were founded in the 2000s around the world, and are valued at more than one billion dollars. Companies that have this valuation are considered unicorns.
The purpose of this ranking is to inspire entrepreneurs and encourage investors to finance technology businesses, according to Rupert Hoogewerf, president and head of research for the Hurun report.
Here are the 10 most valuable startups in the world:
- Ant Financial: online payment platform owned by Alibaba with a value of 150 billion dollars (mdd)
- ByteDance: content platform 75 billion dollars.
- Didi: private car travel company, its value is 55 thousand million dollars.
- Infor: enterprise software firm valued at 50 billion dollars.
- JUUL Labs: manufacturer of electronic cigarettes with a value of 48 thousand million dollars.
- Airbnb: the passenger accommodation company is valued at $ 38 billion.
- Lufax: dedicated to online financial assets and has a valuation of $ 38 billion.
- SpaceX: Elon Musk’s aerospace transport startup is worth $ 35 billion.
- WeWork: shared office rental firm has reached a value of 30 billion dollars.
- Stripe: company that offers payment solutions and internet infrastructure, its valuation is $ 23 billion.
China is the country with the most startups in this list with 206, above the 203 that the United States has. Between the two economies, 83% of unicorn startups globally.
Also published on Medium.