Phishing is a type of cyber-attack that employs the use of a fake email as a baited hook. Meanwhile, the purpose is to convince the email reader that the content is something they want or need. In other words, the goal is to make the reader visit a website or download a file.
After all, there are two main actions pursued by phishers:
1- Give over private information. These emails are designed to fool the user into providing personal information, which the attacker can exploit to gain access to an account. The traditional method of this fraud consists of sending an email that appears to be from a financial institution.
Consequently, the victim clicks on a link in the mail, which redirects them to a malicious website that looks like the bank’s website. Later on, the user inputs the username and password. The attacker now has full control over the victim’s account.
2- Download Malware: These phishing emails, like a lot of trash, try to induce the recipient to infect their own system with malware. For instance, it may be sent to a company mail with an attached .zip or an Office document with an embedded code in it.
Mentor Your Employees
Trainees and instructions may be given to entire company personnel, however, security is never a small thing.
Furthermore, unwanted websites can be kept out of your network through website categorization. And, additionally, that could support your network’s IT workers in blocking suspected phishing websites.
If you are looking for an API that makes Website Categorization easier, you must try Klazify.com
Klazify will go to the provided domain or URL, collect data, and categorize it using an IAB V2 Standard classification taxonomy, which can be used for 1-1 customization, marketing segmentation, online filtering, and other purposes. As a result, the URL or domain can now be allocated to a category.
Get Domain Data With this API
With Klazify, you have two options for domain processing:
1- Klazify scans the website, seeking new domains and re-indexing already categorized domains.
2- External Flows: Klazify is tasked with processing external data sources.
- Klazify is a secure and scalable solution that can handle millions of requests while remaining stable even under extreme pressure.
- Klazify’s APIs are easy to use and integrate, allowing you to save time.
- The Customer Support Team is here to answer any questions you may have at any time.
- Customers can get things done quickly since each endpoint is well-documented and offers examples.
- Big Data: Klazify effectively uses machine learning to categorize billions of internet pages, assuring that the categorization system is one of the most accurate on the market.
- Adaptable: Customers can use Klazify’s domain classification to easily supply services like Internet filtering, subscriber statistics, advertising networks, and fraud prevention.
- Data Firehorse: Do you need access to the classified raw data stream? Klazify is an HTTP-based real-time data firehose.
- Futuristic: Klazify’s technology identifies content on URLs, whole websites, and IP addresses, making it perfect for security devices that don’t have full URL access.
- Developer-Friendly: Every API output is in JSON format, which is easily understandable and integrating into your application.
- Updated: Klazify’s web crawlers are constantly examining and classifying new and existing websites, delivering real-time results, and keeping a database up to date.
Also published on Medium.