There are several APIs for learning about metal pricing available online.Metals-API is one of the most popular free APIs. It has an easy-to-use interface that shows current and historical precious metals rates. This API provides direct pricing and quotes in a variety of currencies for precious metals such as gold, silver, cobalt, nickel, titanium, aluminum, and other base metals.
The metals most in demand are Gold, Silver, and Aluminium.Also, we offer many currencies such as Dollar, India Rupee, Polish Zloty, United Arab Emirates Dirham, British Pound Sterling, and many other.
Metals-API.com provides API access to live precious metals market data with a 2 decimal point resolution and a 60-second refresh rate.
- API for real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity
- Real-time precious metals prices API for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Real-time metals price API for base metals and platinum group metals
- Intraday and historical charts AP
- Historical spot and future prices for Gold, Silver, Palladium, and Platinum
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices through an easy-to-use API using a trusted Gold and Silver pricing API used by hundreds of companies in the industry.
- Easily include real-time Gold and other metals prices in your spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other business applications.
- Reduce the time it takes for apps that rely on precious metal prices to reach the market.
- Using cloud APIs, you may get rid of the aches and complexities of legacy feeds.
Metals-API.com is used by thousands of developers, small enterprises, and Fortune 500 companies on a daily basis.Metals-API is the most reliable source for real-time precious metals pricing, thanks to its dependable data sources and 6+ years of experience.You can sign up here
Metals-API receives market data prices in a range of formats and frequencies from a variety of trade sources and organizations throughout the world. Commercial sources are given more weight because they better reflect market exchange, especially for large currencies and commodities.
Our system uses a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism that gives different priorities to each data source and validates each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases to achieve the maximum level of data coverage and accuracy possible. If a source fails to offer an accurate quote, the currency pair’s next highest provider is contacted.This allows us to eliminate potential mistakes and give six decimal places of precision for the vast majority of spot exchange rates.
Metals-API Drupal module has a lot of options for presenting both preferred and most current metal pricing. If you just want a daily snapshot of precious metal prices, this free license will suffice. The drupal module can refresh the rate once a day (every 24 hours), and it will stay within the free license’s 50 request per month limit. Additional daily refreshes will require the purchase of a paid license, which may be obtained at a fair cost. You can also use the Metals-API WordPress Plugin , which consumes, caches, and generates precious metal price blocks.
Also published on Medium.