One of the densest metals is Gold. It is a good conductor of heat and electricity. It is also commonly found in rocks, veins, and alluvial deposits in its free elemental (native) form, as nuggets or grains. It can be found in solid solution series with the native element silver (as electrum), naturally alloyed with other metals like copper and palladium, and as mineral inclusions like pyrite.
10K is the most durable of the four most common gold purity levels, but it also has the lowest gold content. 14K gold is slightly purer and more durable, whereas 18K gold is the purest form of gold and is commonly used for engagement rings and other jewelry.
Switzerland’s only official currency is the Swiss franc (and in Liechtenstein). The franc is the only currency that is widely accepted.
If you want to know about Gold or any other metal, there are several APIs for learning about metal prices available online.Metals-API is one of the most popular free APIs. It provides live and historical precious metals rates in a simple and lightweight manner. This API provides direct pricing and quotes in a variety of currencies for precious metals such as Gold, Silver, Copper, Nickel, Aluminum, and other base metals.
Metals-API.com provides API access to live market data of precious metals with a 2 decimal point precision and a 60-second refresh rate.
- Access institutional quality real-time precious metal prices via an easy-to-use API by using a trusted Gold price and Silver price API used by hundreds of firms in the industry.
- Easily incorporate real-time Gold and other metal prices into your applications, such as spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps, and other corporate applications.
- Reduce the time to market for apps that require precious metal prices dramatically.
- By utilizing cloud APIs, you can eliminate the pains and complexities associated with legacy feeds.
- Real-time, historical, and tick-by-tick periodicity API
- Precious metals prices in real time Gold, silver, palladium, and platinum API
- Metals prices in real time Base metals and platinum group metals API
- Historical and intraday charts AP
- Gold, silver, palladium, and platinum spot and future prices throughout history.
Every day, thousands of developers, SMBs, and large corporations use Metals-API.com . Metals-API is the leading source for real-time precious metals rates, thanks to its solid data sources and 6+ years of experience. You can sign up here.
Metals-API gathers market data prices from a wide range of trade sources and banks worldwide, with varying types and frequencies. Commercial sources are given a higher weighting, especially for major currencies and metals, because they more accurately reflect market exchange.
To ensure the highest level of data coverage and accuracy, our system employs a unique “validation and fallback” mechanism that assigns different priorities to each data source and validates each metal/forex rate as it enters our databases. If one source fails to provide a reliable quote for this currency pair, the next highest provider is contacted. This enables us to eliminate inconsistencies and provide the vast majority of spot exchange rates to six decimal places with precision.
Also published on Medium.