Online connectivity encompasses people with visual, sensory, physical, voice, cognitive, and/or neurological disorders. In this article, we’ll look at the different advantages of using Text to Speech (TTS) on websites and other digital platforms for businesses, organizations, and communities serving the larger online population.
Text-to-Speech service is an assistive technology that provides an alternate method of accessing content published online by a business. It makes the content audible, enabling more people to access it online. Businesses who employ TTS technology achieve the following advantages:
- Significantly increased web visibility. TTS-enabled websites target some of the 774 million people worldwide who struggle with reading and the 285 million who have impaired vision. Furthermore, speech-enabled online content does not impair accessibility for people who do not have disabilities. It actually helps all other groups, including the elderly and non-native English speakers.
- With network or cloud TTS technology based on a SaaS (Software as a Service) model, online content can be speech-enabled with a few lines of code and limited maintenance.
- The Internet of Things can be introduced more easily (IoT). TTS is important not just for a website, but also for the future of business. The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly becoming an integral aspect of digital business transformation. Businesses have digital media strategies in place that focus on customer engagement across multiple connected channels in order to optimize how they interact with them. TTS enables consumers to access multimedia content through a variety of devices and with a distinct omnichannel TTS sound.
- Word-of-mouth marketing. Introducing a new way to access web content enhances the user experience. Visitors are much more likely to return to and recommend websites where they have had a positive experience. Word of mouth is still the most effective tool, particularly in this day and age of social media marketing.
- Contributing to social responsibility enhances a positive reputation (CSR). TTS technology deployment through a company’s digital networks contributes to its CSR. CSR has been shown to improve financial outcomes, brand credibility, sales, and employee loyalty, as well as to open access to funding and financing.
- Corporate learning programs boost employee efficiency. TTS technologies should be used by HR departments and e-Learning professionals to make learning classes and employees terms of preparation much easier for personnel to read at any time and in any location.
Many people find Woord’s text-to-speech Tool to be extremely helpful in assisting people of all ages to follow the speech on the text’s screen. Listening to a text read aloud with a natural voice is a new and still evolving technology. Hearing the mistakes by Word is much easier and less frustrating for learners than reinterpreting them.
For free, this software translates text into highly technical audio, using premium female and male voices to make it sound more realistic. It’s ideal for people with dyslexia, children learning to read, e-learning, seminars, YouTube videos, and improving a website’s accessibility.
Woord’s Online Reader is a one-of-a-kind tool aimed at developing a wide range of AI-enabled services and products, including text-to-speech.
This text-to-speech service utilizes premium male or female voices that sound real. How do you use Woord’s Free Online Reader?
- Simply type a word or phrase, or import any text, and you’re done.
- Choose a speech rate that is comfortable for you.
- Begin at any point in the document.
- You are free to replay the text as many times as you want.
Sign up here: www.getwoord.com
If you want to listen to some audios before signing up, you can explore his Public Audio Library.
This service can also be used to help your child improve their learning, speech, and grammar skills. In addition, before proceeding, you can listen to some published audios in authentic voices.
Create an audio version of the written content to help people with disabilities, entertain or teach the children. Start speaking from where you last stopped, remembering the paused spot.
Woord is another choice if you need a free text to speech service for accents such as Australian English, French, American English, French Canadian, or Brazilian Portuguese. Both female and male voices are available for accents.
In addition to English, the Woord’s Online Reader also supports Italian, French, Chinese, Dutch, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish voices.
Also published on Medium.